19. april 2012

Prayer for Swift Return of Tenga Rinpoche


Prayer for Swift Return

by 17th Karmapa, Ogyen Trinley Dorje

 

Namo Guru

Mighty Vajradhara, wisdom of all conquerors in a single form,

Splendid guru, your kindness towards me has been beyond compare.

This way in which you left for dharmadhatu, even though for a just while,

Aches and hurts unbearably as if a thorn has pierced my heart.

 

Even though the clarity of your eyesight did decline,

And even though your legs and fingers were removed,

You never tired of working for the happiness of beings.

Single father, noble guru, how I miss your kindness!
 

I think of you and meet your joyful, smiling face.

I think of you and hear your gentle tone of voice.

I think of you, your loving kindness leaves an imprint in my heart.

Again, again, I think of you, oh guru how I miss you!

 
May your triple trainings’ golden orb remanifest

Among the eastern peaks, your tireless resolve,

So your beneficial and joyous waves of light shine far and wide;

Please let your emanation soon arise like a youthful sun.

 
Without you, there’s no chance to clear the gloom of ignorance.

Without you, there’s no chance to cross this ocean of samsara.

Having trusted you forever to be my refuge and my hope,

In every single life at your lotus feet I bow.

 
Even though the eminent Tenga Rinpoche, our lord of refuge whose kindness is incomparable, has for but a while passed beyond to dharmadhatu, I, Urgyen Trinley, one in the line of bearers of the Karmapa name, wrote this prayer on the 5th of April, 2012, in the form of an earnest supplication, so that he may reappear to benefit all fortunate disciples, as he promised.
 

English by Erik Pema Kunsang.